Cancer is a sensitive subject, whether it’s you or a close one suffering from it, you want to ensure that the best consultancy and treatment are availed for the process to be as smooth as possible. Finding the right oncologist to help you throughout the journey – from diagnosis to planning and treatment, is the very first step towards beating cancer. You must be able to put your trust into the doctor that you plan to start your journey with to actively be a part of it and get the right treatment with the least number of hurdles. The best way to begin this journey is by researching in-depth the qualifications, experience, and specialties of the oncologist and the hospital that you are thinking about and being as open in communicating with them as possible. If you are looking for a qualified, experienced, and reliable oncologist Surgeon in Mumbai, Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan may just be the best choice for you. His experience, expertise, and commitment to treating his patients with the best solutions make him one of the best in his field.
Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan
Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan is one of the leading cancer surgeons in India. Specialized in gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, and pancreatic cancer, he has more than 18 years of experience in the field with some of the best cancer hospitals in Mumbai. You can get an insight into his qualifications and experience below.
Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan is one of the best oncologists in Mumbai with his esteemed qualifications and expertise in the field. His medical qualifications have been summarised below:
- 2000: M.B.B.S., Bombay University – with professional instruction from Seth GSMC and KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- 2004: M.S. General Surgery, Bombay University – with Post Graduate instruction from LTMNC Hospital, Mumbai.
- 2004-2008: 4-year residency training program in surgical oncology from TATA Memorial Hospital – one of the best cancer hospitals in Mumbai.
- 2008-2009: Fellowship in Hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery and Liver transplantation from Hospital Beaujon, Paris.
Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan has more than 18 years of experience working with some of the best cancer hospitals in Mumbai and abroad.
- He began his journey with a year-long internship with Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital from 1999 to 2000. Here, he went through training in various fields including general medicine, general surgery, preventive and social medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and chest and TB.
- Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan then moved on to work as a Medical Officer from 2000 to 2001 in the Rural Hospital Surgana, Nasik. Here, he participated in and contributed to the implementation of various national health programs in rural India.
- He then completed a three-year residency program in General Surgery from 2001 to 2004 at LTMGH – one of the busiest trauma centers in India.
- From 2004 to 2007, he completed a three-year residency training program in surgical oncology at TATA Memorial Hospital – one of the best cancer hospitals in Mumbai and in fact, in India.
- Then, he continued working as a Senior Specialist Registrar in the Gastrointestinal and HPB oncology service for 6 months (2007 to 2008) in the TATA Memorial Hospital.
- From 2008 to 2009, Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan worked as a Fellow in Hepatobiliary Pancreatic surgery and liver transplantation in Hospital Beaujon, France. He performed more than 40 donor and recipient liver surgeries for a liver transplant.
- He then contributed as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist in Bombay hospital and Fortis Hospital – two of the best cancer hospitals in Mumbai, and finally moved on to join Hinduja Hospital.
Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan has also been involved in scientific research, with his work being published in prominent international journals. Along his journey in medical science, he has been recognized with several awards and accomplishments including distinctions in Pathology, Microbiology, and Biochemistry, the Outstanding Young Indian Award (2011), the prestigious Rotarian Ambassadorial Scholarship in France (2008), AIR 321 in AIPGMEE (2000), AIR 403 in AIPMEE (1994) and more. He is a member of various recognized bodies in the country and abroad including International IHPBA, IHPBA India, Association of Surgeons of India, Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India, and Association of Medical Consultants. His experience, expertise, and network make him one of the best oncologists in Mumbai. Currently, he works as a Director and Senior Consultant Surgeon (Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary, and Pancreatic Cancer) at Cancer Surgery Clinic.
If you are looking for a personalized treatment plan for GI and HPB cancers, a highly experienced and reliable surgical team, state-of-the-art up-to-date technology for diagnosis and treatment, and comprehensive cancer care, the Cancer Surgery Clinic by Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan – one of the best hospitals for cancer treatment in Mumbai is the best choice for you. With the direction of Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan and their vision and commitment towards providing the best and most felicitous treatment for all GI and HPB cancers, they ensure a smooth and informed journey for all their patients from diagnosis to treatment. To know more, visit www.cancersurgeryclinic.com