The word cancer evokes a sense of fear in the minds of individuals who experience the symptoms and undergo cancer screenings. Cancer can be treated if it is detected at an early stage. Cancer patients need not worry if they are diagnosed early because there are top oncology surgeons in Mumbai who can help them combat the disease.
Moreover, the purpose of this article is to explain various types of cancer, their causes, and risk factors.
What are the different types of cancer?
Cancer occurs when cells in a particular area of the body start growing rapidly and uncontrollably. This might result in the development of a tumour which can be fatal in most cases. You can consult with the top oncologist in Mumbai to get the most effective treatment. There are different types of cancer, each affecting a specific area. Here are some of the different types of cancer:
- Lung cancer- Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers that occur in individuals and is fatal. It is primarily caused by smoking.
- Gastric Cancer- Gastric or pancreatic cancer is cancer that develops in the pancreas and gradually spreads to the entire body organ.
- Colorectal cancer- Colorectal cancer occurs in the colon of the digestive tract and mostly occurs in older people.
- Prostate cancer- Prostate cancer develops in the gland cells of the prostate of males, affecting the prostate.
- Endometrial cancer- These cancers are found in the endometrium, which is the lining of the uterus of females.
The other types of cancer include breast cancer, leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, melanoma, bladder cancer, thyroid cancer, liver and bile duct cancer, and many more.
What are the risk factors for cancer?
Top cancer surgeon in Mumbai does not consider a single reason for the development of cancer. There might be various reasons for the occurrence of cancer. There are, however, risk factors that may increase the chances of a person getting the disease. Cancer doesn't necessarily need to be inevitable, but if the person has these risk factors, they should be cautious and do regular check-ups.
Some of the risk factors are:
Today people's lifestyle is subject to various changes. Smoking, drinking, a high-fat diet, and working with harmful chemicals, are some of the prominent lifestyle factors that can be risk factors.
An individual's family history of cancer can also increase their risk of developing it. The cause of cancer can vary and can be due to genetic mutations or other types of genetic combinations.
It is also possible that a defect in the cells or a genetic disorder can lead to the development of cancer.
There are several other risk factors, including exposure to hazardous environments, exposure to harmful chemicals, and high doses of radiation or chemotherapy.
Moreover, cancer can take many forms and can affect any part of the body. The severity of cancer and the treatment methods depend on the patient's specific case. If you want to know more about the best oncologist surgeon in Mumbai, visit www.cancersurgeryclinic.com